AQ Apostle/Apostolic Module
A four-session resource to study and engage with the apostolic, designed for small groups, missional communities, and churches. In this module we will explore the apostolic – starting with the theological roots and character of God, then recognizing Jesus as the apostolic archetype, moving into functions of the church and finally into individual calling.
In this module we will explore the apostolic – starting with the theological roots and character of God, then recognizing Jesus as the apostolic archetype and finally moving into functions of the church and finally into individual calling. Learning Objectives Learners who participate in this module will at the completion of this module be able to:
- Discover the origin of AQ in God Himself
- Examine their previous understanding of apostle/apostolic
- View Jesus with a new lens as the Archetypal Apostle
- Explore the multiple facets of the apostolic area
- Articulate a working definition of an apostle and the apostolic area
- Trace the AQ through the Bible
- Grasp the essential “sentness” of the church (implicit)
- Reflect on their own personal level of “apostolicity” (explicit)
- Assess their current church/group’s level of AQ
- Reflect on healthy and unhealthy expressions of the apostolic
- Take action steps to activate the latent AQ in their church/group, and in their lives personally Each week of the four week AQ Module contains the following subsections:
- Overview and objectives
We would suggest a rhythm of completing one subsection a day.